Note: The Portal requires Admin Panel access to manage, and this article is thus meant for Admin users of Eko.
Connecting other tools and platforms into your Eko Portal through a Single Sign-On (SSO) intermediate can be a powerful way to make sure all of your users have rapid access to any other systems which they may need to use during their shift/day - with no extra logins required! All that’s required is that you have your SSO-synced platform ready to go, and the Portal can connect to it within a few quick steps.
In this article, we’ll show you how to go about setting up SSO connections for your individual Portal links.
Adding a New OAuth Profile to the Portal
To sync the connection between the Eko portal and your SSO, all you need to do is collect the relevant client_id and client_secret credentials from the portal, and then plug them into the SSO side. In order to collect those, though, you’ll first need to register the SS_linked platform within Eko.
- To start, Open your Admin Panel.
- Click on the Portal heading on the left-hand side of the panel, under the Portal section.
- Click + Add New URL.
- Enter a title and Website URL (collected from your SSO).
- Click the button labeled Select OAuth profile.
- Click on Add new oAuth client profile to create a new one.
- Enter the name of the platform you are connecting via SSO, and the Redirect URL for the SSO. You can find the redirect URL within your SSO platform, in the corresponding profile for the platform you are looking to connect.
Note: The Website URL and the Redirect URL must be the same within the portal listing for the connection to sync properly.
- Click Save.
- Now that you’ve created the OAuth profile for the app, click on "Select OAuth Profile" once more.
- Select the OAuth Profile you created. (You can see that the OAuth profile will be listed under the OAuth section.)
- Click Save.
- Click on the Portal listing one last time.
- You will now see the Client_ID and Client_Secret that can be used for authentication. Copy these into your SSO platform for this app to complete the setup.
You have now successfully added a new SSO-connected Portal link!