Unlike Forms, their more basic siblings, Workflows have any number of features that can be used for incredibly powerful and complex automation setups. One of those features you may want to familiarize yourself with is the ability to schedule workflows for consistent, automated submissions according to a pre-set cycle.
Setting a Schedule
- Create a new workflow from any of the Tab options you prefer - Workflows or Recent. Then select the workflow of your choice for scheduling.
- Click or tap the Schedule Workflow field in the list.
- Fill in the options according to your needs. We will go over each of them in more detail here:
- The Repeats field allows you to select how often the workflow will automatically submit. You can choose days, weeks, months or years, and a certain number, or even a specific day of the week (Ex: every tuesday, once every 2 weeks, once every 3 months, etc.).
- The Starts field allows you to choose exactly when this repeating cycle will begin. You can select the ‘Now’ option if you want it to kickoff immediately, or the ‘On’ option to set the kickoff for a specific date and time in the future.
- The Ends field allows you to choose exactly when this repeating cycle will finish. You can select the ‘Never’ option if you want it to run indefinitely, or the ‘On’ option to set the final submission for a specific date and time in the future.
- Once you have set the schedule fields to your liking, you can then tap Done or click out of the field on Web/Desktop. Continue filling out the workflow just as you would any other, and then click or tap Submit when finished, to start the cycle.
You can now schedule your own regular, automated workflows!