If you’ve never used a Workflow before, the best approach to start with would be to navigate to the dedicated tab for Workflows, and go from there. In this article, we will be going over how to submit your workflow from that tab, including how to set it up according to your needs.
- Choose your Workflow and fill in the relevant info
- Navigate to the Workflows tab. From there, tap the ‘+’ icon in the upper-right corner of your screen on iOS mobile (or click the + Create Workflow button if on web/desktop), or in the bottom-right on Android mobile.
- Select a workflow from the list that appears. These are all workflows which have been pre-selected for your use, based on your place in the org.
- Fill out the workflow, according to the fields present. This may include a Due Date, Priority level, and an option to schedule the workflow for recurring submission. There may also be additional fields, such as a Title/Subject, that will depend on the workflow. (All required fields will be marked with a red *. All other fields are optional.)
Note: The scheduling section is a powerful feature that can be used to set up regularly occurring workflows. We go over this more in the Schedule a Workflow section.
- Add Recipient(s)
Each workflow will have at least one (but sometimes multiple) fields where you will need to assign people for certain actions, such as approval, review, acknowledgement, and more. We call these people recipients or assignees.
Who you can choose to add to your workflow as a recipient is often pre-determined by the administrator who created and published the workflow. Here, we’ll go over the two types of recipient fields you’ll see on a workflow.
- Type 1: Recipient fields without preset recipients (Default)
- These fields will have no restrictions on whom you can choose to attach. When you tap or click ‘Add recipient’, it will pull up the company directory for you to choose a recipient from.
- Type 2: Recipient fields with preset recipients
- These fields will have a specific list of pre-selected people whom you can attach. When you tap or click ‘Add recipient’, it will bring up that list for you to choose a recipient from.
- Preview and submit your Workflow
Depending on your workflow, there will likely be many fields you’ll need to fill out in order to be sure it has all the relevant info needed to achieve the workflow’s objective, and for the recipient(s) to be able to proceed with it as necessary. Because of that, it is always best to go over your workflow at the end to double-check that all the info included is correct and relevant.
Once you’ve confirmed everything is correct, you can tap or click Submit.
Note: Once a chosen recipient responds to your workflow or comments on it, you will receive a push notification with more details. You will also be able to view your workflow’s overall progress in the Home View list.
You have now successfully submitted a workflow!