Glossary of Workflows Terms
In order to make the rest of our Workflows articles as easy to understand as possible, we’ve compiled a glossary of common terms for you here. Swing by here any time a word or phrase in our Workflow area seems unfamiliar or confusing.
- Eko Workflow Admin Panel Home Page - When you navigate to the Eko Admin Panel and click into the Workflow section on the left-side panel, this is the first page you will see. It contains all of your organizations’ workflow templates, and options for creating more.
- Form - An automated digital form made up of customized input fields created on the Form Design page. It can then be sent by standard or admin users directly through the Eko app.
- Single Approver Stage - A stage of a workflow which requires only one user to approve before it moves onto the next stage.
- Multiple Approver Stage - A stage of a workflow which requires multiple users to approve before it moves onto the next stage.
- Parallel Stage - A stage in which multiple steps occur at one time, typically involving separate users to be required for each step.
- Start Stage - The first stage of a given workflow, in which someone fills in the initial information and submits the workflow to kick it off.
- Workflow - A series of customized stages which require decisions to be made by separate users at each one, and which determines the outcomes to a particular request, in order to achieve a specific business goal. In a sequential workflow, each stage occurs in a chain and is dependent on the outcome of the previous stages. In a parallel workflow, two or more stages will be run concurrently.