One of the most common scenarios you may encounter is the need to create a new task while you are bouncing between chats and other work in the Recents tab area. With that in mind, we’ll go over the process of setting up a new task from that area, so you can make as many as you need, on the go.
From the Recents Tab on Mobile
- While viewing the Recents tab, tap the ‘+’ icon in the upper-right corner of the screen. Select task from the list of dropdown options.
Note: In Eko mobile for Android OS, the ‘+’ symbol will be floating in the bottom right of the screen.
- In the bubble that pops up, type in the task title to add one to your task, then tap the small person icon to select one or multiple colleagues from the directory to assign it to.
- Next, you can tap ‘Create’ to finish your task creation, or tap the details icon to access a larger bubble where you can add in more details. Here, you can add in:
- A description for your task.
- A due date.
- Any tags you want to use to identify the task.
- A checklist feature for multi-step tasks.
- A priority level.
- Any image attachments you think would add necessary detail.
- Finally, there is a Create button right in the details area for finalizing it.
From the Recents Tab on Web/Desktop
- While viewing the Recents tab, click the ‘pencil’ icon in the upper-right corner of the chat list. From the dropdown list it opens, select Task.
- A bubble will pop up for you to fill in all the necessary details for your task. You can include a title and description, as well as add a due date, assignees, a priority level, a checklist, tags, and any attachments.
- Once you’re satisfied with your task, simply click the Create Task button to finish it up.
Great! Now you can set up complex tasks on the fly, without leaving your chats.