As a platform built around making collaboration as easy as possible, there will likely be moments when a certain chat discussion gives you the idea to send out a particular form. To guide your employees and users, and make that process as natural as possible, we’ve built the option to send out forms directly into chat groups!
Note: When sending a form from a chat group, your options for recipients/approvers will be limited to that specific group’s members. If the form is already restricted to certain recipients approvers outside of the group, it will not be available for use.
- Choose your Form and fill in the relevant info
- When viewing your chosen chat group, tap or click the ‘Forms’ icon in the bottom of the chat. It should be an icon that looks like a piece of lined paper.
- Select a form from the list that appears. These are all forms which have been pre-selected for your use, based on your place in the org.
- Fill out the form, according to the fields that have been included. Here you can designate a Subject for this form, as well as include all information needed for it. (All required fields will be marked with a red *. All other fields are optional.)
- Add a Recipient
Who you can choose to add to your form as a recipient is often pre-determined by the administrator who created and published the form. Here, we’ll go over the three types of recipient options you’ll see on a form.
Type 1: Forms without preset recipients (Default)
- These forms will have no restrictions on who you can choose to send to. When you tap or click Add recipient, it will pull up the company directory for you to choose a recipient from. (When sent from a chat group, the only recipient options available in these forms will be members of that group.)
Type 2: Forms with preset recipients
- These forms will have a specific list of pre-selected people whom you can send them to. When you tap or click Add recipient, it will bring up that list for you to choose a recipient from.
Type 3: Forms with hierarchy approvals
- These types of forms are built to be used in a very specific scenario. When you tap or click Add recipient, there will usually only be one recipient option. Then, once you send it, the form will route from one pre-selected approver to another, in multiple stages.
- Preview your Form
Depending on your form, there will likely be many fields you’ll need to fill out in order to be sure it has all the relevant info needed to achieve the form’s objective, and for the recipient(s) to be able to proceed with it as necessary. Because of that, it is always best to go over your form at the end to double-check that all the info included is correct and relevant.
Once you’ve confirmed everything is correct, you can tap or click Send.
Note: Once the chosen recipient responds to your form or comments on it, you will receive a push notification with more details. You will also be able to view your form’s progress in the sent list.
You have now successfully sent out a form!