If you’ve never used a form before, the best approach to start with would be to navigate to the dedicated tab for Forms, and go from there. In this article, we will be going over how to send your form out from that tab, including how to set it up according to your needs.
Choose your Form and fill in the relevant info
- Navigate to the forms tab. From there, tap the ‘+’ icon in the upper-right corner of your screen on mobile (or click the + Create Workflow button if on web/desktop).
Note: In Eko mobile for Android OS, the ‘Pencil’ symbol will be floating in the bottom right of the screen.
- Select a form from the list that appears. These are all forms which have been pre-selected for your use, based on your place in the org.
- Fill out the form, according to the fields that have been included. Here you can designate a Subject for this form, as well as include all information needed for it. (All required fields will be marked with a red *. All other fields are optional.)
Add a Recipient
Who you can choose to add to your form as a recipient is often pre-determined by the administrator who created and published the form. Here, we’ll go over the three types of recipient options you’ll see on a form.
Type 1: Forms without preset recipients (Default)
- These forms will have no restrictions on whom you can choose to send to. When you tap or click ‘Add recipient’, it will pull up the company directory for you to choose a recipient from.
Type 2: Forms with preset recipients
- These forms will have a specific list of pre-selected people whom you can send them to. When you tap or click ‘Add recipient’, it will bring up that list for you to choose a recipient from.
Type 3: Forms with hierarchy approvals
- These types of forms are built to be used in a very specific scenario. When you tap or click ‘Add recipient’, there will usually only be one recipient option. Then, once you send it, the form will route from one pre-selected approver to another, in multiple stages.
Preview your Form
Depending on your form, there will likely be many fields you’ll need to fill out in order to be sure it has all the relevant info needed to achieve the form’s objective, and for the recipient(s) to be able to proceed with it as necessary. Because of that, it is always best to go over your form at the end to double-check that all the info included is correct and relevant.
Once you’ve confirmed everything is correct, you can tap or click Send.
Note: Once the chosen recipient responds to your form or comments on it, you will receive a push notification with more details. You will also be able to view your form’s progress in the sent list.
You have now successfully sent out a form!