The Library is designed to house all the information your employees may need, but sometimes you may want to go the extra mile for them. When it comes to things like training and policy information you may want some way to verify that they’ve read and understood the information, rather than simply making it available. These cases are a perfect fit for our quizzes.
In the quiz dashboard area, you’ll see quizzes organized into ‘Drafts’, ‘Ready to Attach’, ‘Published’ and ‘Archived’. We’ll explain these classifications more as we go over how to design a new one.
Design a Quiz
- On the main Quiz dashboard, in the Library area, click the Create button in the upper-right of the screen.
- From the dropdown, select Quiz (the only option currently).
- This first area is for Basic Information. Here, you can:
- Type in a title for your quiz, and a description.
- Choose whether to randomize the question or answer order.
- Choose to have a single point value for all right answers, or have point values unique for each question.
- When satisfied, click Next in the upper-right of the view.
- This second area is for creating your questions. Here, you can:
- Type in the question as you want it to appear.
- Assign a point value (if necessary).
- Type in your answer, and add new ones by clicking + add new answer. (You can denote the right answer by checking the box next to it marked Correct.)
- Attach a supplemental images, either to the question or each answer.
- Delete any question or answer, by clicking the ‘trash’ icon next to the appropriate one.
- Add as many questions as you need, by clicking Add Question.
- When satisfied, click Next.
Note: If you need to step away from the quiz before you finish building it, you can click the Save Draft button at the top of the page. This will save a copy of it in the Drafts area for later work.
- The third and final area is for creating your pass/fail requirements. Here, you can:
- Choose what point threshold (by percentage) people taking the quiz must reach to pass/fail.
- Type in the message they will see when they pass/fail.
- Choose whether a user can retake a quiz if they fail (via the checkbox).
- When finished with your quiz, click Finish to save the final version.
Once completed, your quiz will be stored in the Ready to Attach list we mentioned earlier. Here you can use the ‘three-dots’ icon on the quiz, or delete it. Any quiz you have already attached to a document in the Library will be archived.
You now have a quiz ready to attach to your Library document!
Attach a Quiz to a Document
- Navigate to the document you wish to attach the quiz to, in the folder dashboard of the Library area.
- Click on the document preview.
- Click the Edit button in the top-right corner.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Add under the ‘Quizzes’ area.
Note: Currently, any quiz added to a document cannot be removed without deleting the document, so make sure your quiz is ready to go when you do!
- Select the quiz you wish to attach.
- When finished, click Save.
Great! Now you have a quiz ready to test understanding of your document.