One of the most direct ways for Eko users to set up a new task, especially one that may be complex and detailed, is to navigate directly into the Tasks tab and set everything up from there. This way you’ll be guided through all the necessary steps to set up the task you need.
In this article, we’ll go over that basic setup process to familiarize you with it.
Task Creation on Mobile
- While viewing the Tasks tab, tap the ‘+’ icon in the upper-right corner of the screen.
Note: In Eko mobile for Android OS, the ‘Pencil’ symbol will be floating in the bottom right of the screen.
- In the bubble that pops up, type in the task title to add one to your task, then tap the small person icon to select one or multiple coworkers from the directory to assign it to.
- Next, you can tap ‘Create’ to finish your task creation, or tap the details icon to access a larger bubble where you can add in more details. Here, you can add in:
- A description for your task.
- A due date.
- Any tags you want to use to identify the task.
- A checklist feature for multi-step tasks.
- A priority level.
- Any image attachments you think would add necessary detail.
- Finally, there is a Create button right in the details area for finalizing it.
Task Creation on Web/Desktop
- While viewing the Tasks tab, click the + Create Task button in the upper-right corner of the task list.
- A bubble will pop up for you to fill in all the necessary details for your task. You can include a title and description, as well as add a due date, assignees, a priority level, a checklist, tags, and any attachments.
- Once you’re satisfied with your task, simply click the Create Task button to finish it up.
Great! Now you can set up complex tasks anytime you need them.